This week in crime: Jan. 26-Feb. 1

police

Central Michigan University Police responded to an attempted suicide Sunday morning when a 22 year-old female student took several pills. The woman had made suicidal comments before swallowing the pills. Lt. Cameron Wassman said she did not know what the pills were when she took them. The woman was taken to McLaren Central Michigan and survived the incident. Police petitioned that she undergo a mental evaluation.

Mount Pleasant Police reported a non-aggravated assault that occurred Sunday evening at Oak Tree Village Apartments. The incident involved 35 year-old man who is accused of assaulting a 27 year-old woman. The two were previously in a relationship. The woman was asking the man to leave when the incident occurred. The case has been turned over to the Isabella County Prosecutor for review.

A 19 year-old woman reported her driver’s license had been stolen along with $140 in cash Saturday evening. The woman told CMU police she believes the larceny occurred either at Rose Stadium or at Planet Fitness. Wassman said police had checked footage from security cameras, but did not notice any suspicious activity.

An 18 year-old man was given a minor in possession citation Saturday evening outside of the Towers residence halls. An 18 year-old woman was also cited for an MIP earlier that morning while walking along the sidewalk near Dow Science Building.

A larceny reported at Wayside Central on Saturday involved a missing iPhone 6 valued at approximately $700. MPPD Public Information Officer Jeff Browne said there are no leads on the case.

Mount Pleasant Police lodged a 20 year-old woman from Illinois for an MIP after 2 a.m. Saturday. The woman was on foot at the intersection of Broomfield and Mission streets.

Mount Pleasant Police are investigating a case of criminal sexual conduct in the second degree that occurred Friday evening. The incident involved inappropriate touching by an 11 year-old boy and a 5 year-old girl.

Herrig Hall staff called CMU Police after smelling marijuana in the building Thursday Evening. Drug paraphernalia with marijuana residue was found. Four 18 year-old male students were reported to the Office of Student Conduct following the incident.

A prescription drug container of Adderall was found near the Charles V Park Library Wednesday afternoon. Wassman said police had attempted to contact the owner, but have yet to receive a response.

A 20 year-old male student in Merrill Hall reported that he received threatening messages over Twitter Wednesday afternoon. CMU Police identified a suspect based on the username, an 18- year-old man who is not a student at CMU and not known by the victim. Police attempted to contact the suspect, but did not receive a response.

Police responded to Troutman Hall when the staff reported the smell of marijuana Tuesday evening. A small amount was found in the room of an 18 year-old female student. The incident was reported to the Office of Student Conduct.

CMU Police were called to the Education and Human Services building when a 30 year-old student arrived to class intoxicated and created a disturbance. Police told the student to return home. Instead, he went to the CMU Bookstore, where police were called once again after he made inappropriate sexual comments to several staff members. When police arrived, he was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct. Wassman said he at first made a minor effort to resist arrest.