Hunter's Ale House to host Joe Hertler & The Rainbow Seekers

joehertler_courtesy
Courtesy Photo | Sean Cook Lansing/Kalamazoo-based band Joe Hertler and the Rainbow Seekers' saxophone player Aaron Stinson, left, dances next to Ryan Hoger, lead guitar, as he strums out a solo during a show. The Seekers' new album, "Terra Incognita," will be released in November.

Kalamazoo/Lansing based band Joe Hertler and the Rainbow Seekers will play at 10 p.m. Friday night at Hunter's Ale House for ages 18 and up. Both Tree Love Collective and Hunter's Ale House are working together.

Tickets are on sale online for $12. They will also be available at the door.

The band, comprised of both Central Michigan University and Michigan State University alumna, has a large local following. This is part of the reason why they were chosen to play the restaurant, said Hunter's Ale House owner Cheryl Hunter.

The Rainbow Seekers will take the stage with special guests Paddlebots and Michigander.

"We chose (Joe Hertler & The Rainbow Seekers) because they are just awesome and have a huge local following, they play great music and along with Paddlebots, (which is) one of my favorite bands,” Hunter said. 

Joe Hertler & The Rainbow Seekers is a Michigan based band and a rising success in the world of music, having played with French electronic group Phoenix and Detroit band Electric Six. The group released their latest album Terra Incognita in mid-February last year. They are currently on a small Midwest tour, with stops scheduled for Kalamazoo, Akron and Stroud, Oklahoma.

Hunter's Ale House estimates a full house and a "busy day" for the waitstaff at the restaurant, Hunter said.