Police Log: Feb. 22-28

police

Feb. 28

A 21 year-old man was arrested at 2 a.m. Sunday morning for operating under the influence of liquor after colliding with another vehicle.

The suspect was driving south on West Campus Drive when he ran a flashing red light on Broomfield Street and hit another car driving east. An ambulance was called to the scene, but neither driver was seriously injured.

Feb. 27

Police were called to Saxe Hall after staff detected the odor of marijuana. Police found 2 grams of marijuana and a pipe in the possession of a 20 year-old man. The incident has been turned over to the Office of Student Conduct.

A 29 year-old Mount Pleasant man was arrested early Sunday morning for domestic assault. The victim was a 31 year-old Mount Pleasant woman who was in a domestic relationship with the suspect. Another victim was a 24 year-old Mount Pleasant man. The woman was taken to McLaren Central-Michigan with bruises around her face. The other victim had a cut on his lip and did not seek medical treatment.

Feb. 26

Central Michigan University police were called when a student missed an appointment with the Office of Student Conduct. Police were told the 26 year-old man had not been seen in class for days and had made suicidal comments in the past. Police made contact with him. The student said he was going through some difficulties, but was not suicidal.

Police received a call from Port Huron saying a friend of theirs living on campus at CMU had made a Facebook post implying he was considering committing suicide. Police made contact with the 26-year old man, who went willingly to McLaren. Lt. Cameron Wassman said police had petitioned for him to receive a mental health evaluation. Wassman said the man had made no attempt to harm himself.

Feb. 25

Police were called after a 49-year-old man violated a personal protection order by contacting his 19 year-old stepdaughter, a student at CMU, on Facebook. The incident has been forwarded to the prosecutor’s office.

A 26-year-old Mount Pleasant woman was cited for third degree retail fraud after stealing M&Ms with an estimated value of $5.38.

Police were called to Fabiano Hall after staff detected the odor of marijuana. Police found 1 gram of marijuana and a pipe in the possession of a 20 year-old woman. The incident has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

Police were called to Cobb Hall for a similar case. One burnt joint was found in the possession of three men, two 18-years-old and one 19. The incident has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

Feb. 24

Police were called to Thorpe Hall after staff found a student with marijuana. Police recovered one gram of marijuana in the possession of an 18-year-old man and referred the incident to the Office of Student Conduct.

Police were called after a 23-year-old man rear-ended another car being driven by a 20 year-old woman at the intersection of Preston Street and East Campus Drive and drove off. The man was later found and arrested for leaving the scene.

A 41-year-old woman working in the Bovee University Center received a letter on Feb. 19 referencing the “golden rule” and saying, “Karma’s a b****.” The letter had no return address and the woman said she had no idea who it could have come from.

A 21-year-old man from Northville was arrested early Wednesday morning for operating a vehicle while intoxicated near the intersection of Mission and High Streets. The man was pulled over for driving without his lights on.

Breanna Bennet, a 22-year-old Melvindale woman, was arraigned for non-aggravated assault after scratching her roommate, a 21 year-old Mount Pleasant woman, on the neck.

A 27-year-old man was arrested for operating under the influence at the intersection of Mission and Broomfield streets. The man was pulled over after he failed to come to a complete stop while leaving a private residence, turning into the wrong lane.

A 23-year-old Livonia man was lodged for disorderly conduct after climbing onto the roof of Wayside Central. The man was intoxicated at the time of the incident.

Feb. 23

Police were called to Cobb Hall after the hall director found a prescription pill bottle with two plastic bags of marijuana inside. Police contacted the resident whose name was on the bottle, an 18 year-old woman, who said she had not been in possession of the bottle for a long time and that the drugs were not hers.

Feb. 22

Three men were arrested late Monday night after an on-foot officer smelled marijuana on them behind a 7-Eleven convenience store.

An 18-year-old woman was arrested on a warrant for analogue drugs and possession of marijuana. A $20,000 bond was set for the woman at 10 percent.

CMUPD located a 23-year-old CMU student at the Charles V. Park Library for a court-ordered mental health evaluation. The man was willingly taken to McLaren.