Police Log: March 21-27

police

March 25

A 19-year-old man in Beddows Hall received a ticket for minor in possession after hall staff called police to report he was intoxicated.

March 24

A 47-year-old CMU employee was taken to McLaren Central Michigan via ambulance after slipping and falling while exiting his vehicle outside the Engineering & Technology building. 

A vehicle owned by the CMU Bookstore was found with the back window broken in parking lot 56. Police believe the damage occurred between 6:45 and 9 p.m. on March 23. Nothing was taken from the vehicle, and no surveillance cameras were in the area. 

March 23

Mount Pleasant Police were called when a 31-year-old Mount Pleasant man was in need of medical assistance on North Harris Street. The Mount Pleasant Fire Department and Mobile Medical Response also responded to the incident.

Police were called after a confrontation occurred between two neighbors on Wood Street over loud music. A 44-year-old Mount Pleasant woman pushed a 23-year-old Mount Pleasant woman in the back.

A 27-year-old Weidman man was arrested on East Michigan Street for being drunk and disorderly.

March 22

An 18-year-old man from Clinton Township was issued a citation for disorderly conduct after he was found publicly urinating on Mission Street.

March 21

Robinson Hall staff called police after smelling marijuana in one of the residence halls. CMU police made contact with the students, who said they had smoked marijuana off campus earlier. Burnt marijuana was found in the room. The students, all 19-year-old men, were referred to the Office of Student Conduct. 

A 60-year-old Mount Pleasant man came home to find several items missing, including golf clubs, a mountain bike and $5 in cash. The garage had been left unlocked, allowing the suspect to enter.