Students, alumni recognized at Michigan Press Photographers Association awards

Central Michigan University students and alumni were given 30 awards from the Michigan Press Photographers Association on April 2.

All of the awards were work that was published or completed for a photographer workshop or class.

Senior Emily Mesner, senior Kaiti Chritz and junior Clair Abendroth won multiple awards for their photographs, while the rest were alumni form CMU.

Mesner was awarded second place for College Photographer of the Year and an honorable mention for her "Our Everything" and "Moving Target" feature picture stories. Abendroth was awarded third place fro College Photographer of the Year and second place in Feature Picture Story for "Picking This Life."

December graduates awarded for their work were Katy Kildee and Andraya Croft.

Kildee was awarded honorable mention for College Photographer of the Year and earned third place for "Meet Me in the Pines" photographer in the Personal Vision category.

Croft was awarded an honorable mention for College Photographer of the Year, earned an honorable mention for "Robert Gee" in the General News category, an honorable mention for "Hula Hooping into the Sunset" in the Feature category and honorable mention for "Mr. Charley" photograph in the portrait/personality category.

Senior Kaiti Chritz earned an honorable mention for "Caring for a Friend" in the Feature Picture Story category.

About Kate Carlson

Editor-in-Chief Kate Carlson is a senior from Lapeer who is majoring in journalism with a minor in ...

View Posts by Kate Carlson →