#FoodTruckFridayCMURC brings competitive aspect to summer food trucks

rachelharrison01
Will Anderson, a professor at Central Michigan University BCA department poses with his fresh tamales. "This is the first time coming to a food truck, my wife wanted to go so here we are," said Anderson as he waited on his food.

A cook-off between Killer Hibachi and Los Jalapenos will introduce the beginning of Central Michigan University Research Corporation's first summer food truck competition on June 3.

CMURC has invited food trucks to Mount Pleasant during the summer before, but this will be the first year two food trucks will compete.  Each week, two food trucks will be invited, one food truck will be named the champion. The winner will be invited back to defend its title against other winners at the end of the 2016 season, according to a press release.

The friendly competition will be held every Friday between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. The event is located at the CMURC at 2625 Denison Drive.

The competitive aspect of #FoodTruckFridayCMURC is to make the event more interactive for attendants, according to the release. Other food trucks will be present at the event.

Credit is an accepted payment, but CMURC suggests bringing cash.

CMURC is a nonprofit business incubator focused on advancing economic development in the community by leveraging the resources of Central Michigan University, the Mount Pleasant SmartZone and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s 21st Century Jobs Trust Fund.

For more information, contact Elissa Richmond-Gagne, CMURC director of operations, at (989) 954-8141 or email cmurc@cmurc.com.