Intersection of Main and Broadway Streets to close Thursday evening during community water gun fight

#MakeDowntownYourDestination

The intersection of Broadway and Main Streets will be closed Thursday evening as the city hosts a community water gun fight.

Mount Pleasant Police Department Public Information Officer Jeff Browne said the intersection will be closed for about an hour from 6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. Thursday for the city's third event of its "Thrilling Thursdays" series — “Super Soaker Festivus.”

Participants are asked to meet in Downtown Mount Pleasant at the intersection of Broadway and Main Streets at 6 p.m. to prepare for a 6:45 p.m. start time.

According to the city's press release, water blasters, soakers and cannons are welcomed at this "family-fun event for all ages." Large buckets of water will be available to reload.

Four participants will go home with a prize — a Super Aqua Blaster Soaker 1500.

The Thrilling Thursday series continues every Thursday until Aug. 18. Its purpose is to encourage residents to "#MakeDowntownYourDestination" this summer. The 10-week series will feature a different event each week in the city's downtown.

For additional information, visit the event page at www.facebook.com/downtownmp or contact Special Events Coordinator Melinda Salchert at (989) 779-5349 or msalchert@mt-pleasant.org.

About Andrew Surma

Central Michigan Life Sports Editor

Central Michigan Life Editor in Chief (Summer 2016)

Central ...

View Posts by Andrew Surma →