Police Log: July 17 - 22

7/22

A 4-year-old girl was reported missing at the Student Activity Center during the Michigan Indian Family Olympics. The child was found by the time officers arrived. 

7/21

Police were called after a 23-year-old man stole the wallets of two other men, ages 23 and 20, at the Towers basketball court. The wallets had been left on a nearby bench. The suspect was found after using a credit card found in the wallet. 

7/20

A 19-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of Broomfield Street and West Campus Drive. Central Dispatch received a call about erratic driving. An officer later stopped the vehicle. The driver had a blood alcohol content of .218. 

Police were called to Gaylord Street after a 20 year-old man allegedly pushed and punched his girlfriend of the same age. The victim sought medical attention. The suspect was not at the scene, and the incident was reported to the County Prosecutor. 

7/19

A 22-year-old man was arrested for lack of insurance on West Campus Drive.

An officer observed a 3-year-old child alone on S. Henry Street. The officer attempted to contact the child's father. The father had fallen asleep when the child walked out of the house. The incident was reported to the County Prosecutor and Child Protective Services.  

7/18

A 52-year-old construction worker at CMU reported his radio was stolen. The radio had an estimated value of $189. A suspect was identified with surveillance video. 

A 33-year-old man is being investigated for second degree Criminal Sexual Conduct. The 3-year-old victim, who is related to the suspect, is no longer living in the same household as the suspect. 

A 28-year-old woman was arrested for disturbing the peace at McLaren-Central Michigan after screaming obscenities and fighting with police and staff. 

7/17

A 29-year-old man allegedly assaulted a 26-year-old woman by spraying her with the contents of a soda can. The suspect left before police arrived. The victim did not seek medical treatment.