Police Log: July 4 - July 10

police

7/10

A 51-year-old man was arrested during a traffic stop for a warrant from Gratiot County for child neglect. 

7/9

A 27-year-old woman was arrested for driving with a suspended license and failure to pay a seatbelt ticket. 

7/8

A 30-year-old Mount Pleasant man has a warrant for his arrest after throwing his 27-year-old girlfriend on the ground at least five times and choking her with his forearm. The suspect fled the scene of the incident at Bennett Avenue.

A 49-year-old Lake George woman was lodged after embezzling $67.27 from the Kmart where she worked. The suspect allegedly filed fraudulent returns to prevent the store from noticing the missing cash. The woman was contacted by police and confessed to embezzling. 

7/7

A 31-year-old Mount Pleasant woman was lodged after refusing to pay her cab fare of $16 and locking herself inside her residence. Police were called, and after again refusing to pay the cab fare, the suspect was arrested. 

A 23-year-old man was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in court on charges of possession of marijuana

7/5

Police were called after a 56-year-old Mount Pleasant woman allegedly pushed and hit her 68-year-old boyfriend. The victim complained of a sore neck and sought medical attention for his injuries. The incident has been forwarded to the county prosecutor. Police have not made contact with the suspect. 

A 54-year-old woman was reported to Central Michigan University Police Department after repeatedly calling, emailing and approaching members of the physics department at CMU. The woman was attempting to enlist in the graduate physics program. 

7/4

A 63-year-old Indiana woman was apprehended after attempting to steal $394.30 in goods from Meijer, including shoes and jewelry. The woman admitted to stealing the merchandise.

A woman called police to report concerns that her 14-year-old daughter was sneaking out to meet with an 18-year-old man. The daughter denied any relationship existed between her and the older man. Police have not made contact with the older man, but do intend to ask him about the incident.