Board of Trustees to vote on 14 items in Thursday meeting, Ross to discuss new initiatives

President George Ross will give his university report reviewing CMU's overall performance last year and new initiatives for 2016-7 at the Board of Trustees formal session meeting 8:30 a.m. Thursday.

Trustees will vote on 14 action items, including the leasing of a campus space, the Clarke Historical Library Board of Governors and a contracting authority policy revision. The last time trustees met was June 28. An action was also requested, according to the meeting agenda, that a motion will be adopted to revise the Board of Trustees nondiscrimination policy.

The university's financial statements from 2015-16 will be presented by the CMU's external audit firm, Plant Moran. 

The newly-formed Enterprise Risk Committee will present findings at the meeting. The committee was formed in May to oversee, guide and coordinate efforts to identify, manage and mitigate institutional risks, especially those that cross units and divisions, according to a press release.

Committee meetings will be held Wednesday in the President's Conference Room to review action items to be voted on the following morning: 

• Academic and Student Affairs – 2 to 2:45 p.m. — An update will be given on fall enrollment. 
  • Policy and Bylaws – 2:45 to 3 p.m. — Two policy revisions will be reviewed.
  • Finance and Facilities – 3 to 3:45 p.m. — An amended 2016-17 operating budget will be discussed.
  • Trustees-Faculty Liaison – 4 to 5 p.m. — Progress of the Online Academic Program Committee in assessing CMU's online coursework will be presented. boar
  • Trustees-Student Liaison – 5 to 6 p.m. — An update on a proposed Gender Equity Center will be provided.

The formal and committee meetings are open to the public. Attendees will be able to provide public comment related to agenda items upon advance request on the Board of Trustees website.

About Kate Carlson

Editor-in-Chief Kate Carlson is a senior from Lapeer who is majoring in journalism with a minor in ...

View Posts by Kate Carlson →