College of Science & Engineering to host career fair Sept. 16

cm

In partnership with Career Services, students in the College of Science & Engineering will have an opportunity to meet future employers at a career fair 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 16.

The career fair will span the entire first floor of the Engineering and Technology Building. It is free and open to all class standings.

“The career fair will create an environment for students to build relationships with employers and potentially secure interviews for the positions available,” said Heather Masters, Career Services assistant director.

Students majoring in any STEM fields are encouraged to dress professionally. They should prepare an “elevator pitch,” to use as an introduction and allows employers to know who the student is, their major and what they’re studying in 60 seconds or less.

Students should also bring several copies of their resumes and reference information.

Masters said sophomore and junior students should direct efforts towards finding internships. Senior and graduate students should focus on discussing full-time positions. Most employers are looking to fill full-time positions or summer internships.

Students should visit the university’s Handshake website prior to attending the fair, to find more details regarding attending companies.