Study Abroad program to host informational fair Sept. 20

logo

Students interested in studying abroad can learn more about the program from the Study Abroad Fair at 6 p.m. Sept. 20 in the Bovee University Center Rotunda.

“Study abroad is a sign of intercultural competence that is appealing to potential employers and graduate schools,” said Jake Bush, communications coordinator for Central Michigan University's Study Abroad program. “We encourage students to add this valuable experience to their resumes.”

Bush said students of all class standings are encouraged to come and learn about all of the program options. They will have the opportunity to speak with advisers within the program about travel options, and students who have recently been on study abroad trips. 

Academic advisers and a financial aid advisers will also be in attendance, answering questions about the logistics of transferring credits from universities abroad and the monetary aspects that come along with traveling.

This is a great opportunity for students to learn about what is available to them and how they can take the next step in studying abroad, Bush said.

For students unable to attend the fair, an appointment can be scheduled with Study Abroad Peer Advisors at any point in the semester to discuss where and how to study abroad.

Applications for studying abroad are different depending on a student's major. To see when an application is due, contact a study abroad adviser online.