Business fraternity to host Taste of Mid-Michigan

poster

More than 40 vendors, a beer tent and live music will be at the third annual Taste of Mid-Michigan food sampler event this Saturday at the west pavilion of Island Park.

The event is organized by the Zeta Nu chapter of sales fraternity Pi Sigma Epsilon. The amount of vendors more than quadrupled this year, said fraternity president Tyler DesSaint.

Tickets can be purchased in advance from a member of the fraternity or at the event for $5. Food will be served from noon until 4 p.m. Local Mount Pleasant bands are scheduled to play until 7 p.m.

Proceeds from the beer tent will go to Big Brothers Big Sisters. A portion of the other sales will go to Mount Pleasant Parks & Recreation. The rest will go toward sending members of Pi Sigma Epsilon to a national sales competition.

Last year the chapter took second in the country out of 60 chapters at the Pi Sigma Epsilon National Convention, where they competed in sales competitions with other PSE chapters across the nation.

"With no home football game this weekend, this is a great opportunity for students and members of the community and local businesses to get together," DesSaint said.

Last year Taste of Mid-Michigan had about five people planning the event, but there were about 26 planning the event this year, DesSaint said.

The Grand Rapids senior said Pi Sigma Epsilon started planning Taste of Mid-Michigan in March and that leading the planning team was a great opportunity throughout the summer.

Other activities scheduled for Taste of Mid-Michigan include a mechanical bull, puppy petting pen, dunk tank, rock climbing wall, corn hole, mini pony petting zoo, sand volleyball and a car smash.

About Kate Carlson

Editor-in-Chief Kate Carlson is a senior from Lapeer who is majoring in journalism with a minor in ...

View Posts by Kate Carlson →