Men's basketball lands two recruits

logo

Two members of the 2017-18 recruiting class for the Central Michigan men's basketball team have signed their National Letters of Intent.

Head coach Keno Davis announced Matthew Beachler, of Lowell, and AJ Bullard, of Houston, will join the team for the 2017 season.

Beachler led Lowell High School to a district championship last season while leading the conference in scoring at 18.1 points per game. The 6-foot-4, 195-pound shooting guard was a second-team All-State selection last season. He chose CMU over other schools like DePaul and Akron.

"Our staff identified Matt (Beachler) at an early age as someone who can make a big impact on the game with his shooting ability from 3-point range and beyond," Davis said. "When you add Matt's drive to become a great all-around player, it only elevated our evaluation of him during the recruitment process."

Bullard is a 6-foot-9, 190-pound small forward who averaged 10 points and six rebounds last season for The Woodlands High School. He also received offers from other schools, including Gonzaga and Colorado.

"AJ's 3-point shooting ability and his size help make him an ideal fit in our pro-style offense," Davis said. "His background of being around NBA players as well as his father's basketball career has helped and continue to help his development."

Bullard's father is former 11-year NBA veteran Matt Bullard, who won two championships with the Houston Rockets during his playing career.