CMU soccer's season broken down by the numbers

soccer

The Central Michigan soccer team celebrates a double overtime win against Miami (Oh) on Friday, Sept. 30.

Despite an early 1-0 lead, Central Michigan's soccer season came to an end Friday as the Chippewas fell to Kent State 3-1 in the Mid-American Conference Semifinal.

Here's a look at CMU's season, by the numbers:

9

CMU started its 2016 campaign strong, winning its first nine games and setting a new school record for the program's best start to any season.

16

The number of goals sophomore forward Alexis Pelafas scored this season. She set the school record for regular season goals when she netted two against Ohio on Oct. 16. The record was previously held by Allison Campbell, who had 14 goals in 2001.

130

The number of overtime minutes the Chippewas played in 2016. In seven of CMU's last nine games, an overtime period was needed to find a winner. Six of those seven overtime games went to double-overtime.

0

The amount of losses CMU had at home. The Chippewas went 7-0-2 at the Soccer/Lacrosse Complex and hosted the first playoff game in the stadium's history in the first round of the MAC tournament.

76

The amount of saves senior goalkeeper Kristen Knutson recorded this season. She had a record of 15-3-3 overall with nine shutouts.

288

The number of shots on net the Chippewas took this season. Of the 288, 137 were on goal, while 34 of them found the back of the net. The team had a total of 36 assists this season.

170

The number of total penalties the Chippewas had called against them. Their opponents had 168 total penalties during the season.

1.62

The number of goals that CMU averaged per game this season. The Chippewas’ found a way to hold their opponents to just a 0.90 goals against average this season.

6

The number of seniors who played their final soccer season for the Chippewas this fall. Eliza Van de Kerkhove, Samantha Maher, Taylor Potts, Kaylin Hoomaian, Christen Chiesa and Kristen Knutson will all graduate this year.

2,044

The combined number of spectators recorded at CMU's home games this season. In nine home games, there was an averaged of 227 fans per match.