Central Michigan Life announces Spring 2017 Editor In Chief

logo

Lapeer senior Kate Carlson has been named Editor-in-Chief of Central Michigan Life, following an announcement from the Student Publications Board on Nov. 16.

Carlson said she was excited to take up the mantle and hopes to expand the paper’s reach across myriad social media platforms.

“I’m excited to lead the paper and work with everyone,” Carlson said. “I want to continue our success and improve how we tell stories online, in print and through multimedia.”

Carlson has been with the paper since the spring of 2014. She has worked as a page designer, reporter, news editor and managing editor during that time.

Additional positions for video editor, podcast coordinator, web editor, photo editor, design editor, news editor, sports editor and opinion editor are also available for the spring 2017 semester. Students interested in applying for those positions must sign up for an interview slot in Moore Hall room 436.

Interviews will take place on Nov. 28, Nov. 29, Dec. 1 and Dec. 2 at a time of the interviewee’s choosing.

“I love working for CM Life because it’s independent and all student run,” Carlson said. “We really pride ourselves as being the voice for students on campus.”

About Jordyn Hermani

Troy senior Jordyn Hermani, Editor-in-Chief of Central Michigan Life, is a double major ...

View Posts by Jordyn Hermani →