First half by the numbers: Miami (Oh) 20, CMU 17

Both offenses have been flying up and down the field during the first half of Central Michigan football's matchup against Miami (Oh) on Friday, but the RedHawks hold a 20-17 lead at halftime.

Miami quarterback Gus Ragland dominated the first half, completing 10-of-15 passes for 144 yards and three touchdowns. The RedHawks have scored on three of their four possessions.

CMU opened the game by moving the ball down the field against the Mid-American Conference's leader in total defense, scoring a touchdown on a one-yard run by senior running back Jahray Hayes. 

It was the first time CMU has scored a touchdown on its opening drive since week one against Presbyterian.

The score was set up by a conversion on fourth-and-nine near MU's 40-yard line.

Miami responded with a 71-yard touchdown drive that moved quickly down the field thanks to two gains of more than 25 yards.

Senior quarterback Cooper Rush threw his 12th interception of the season to set up a Miami drive in that began in the red zone. The RedHawks scored three plays later on a 12-yard touchdown pass.

Hayes scored another touchdown early in the second quarter to give CMU a 14-13 lead. It was his seventh TD of the season.

CMU tacked on a 45-yard field goal by senior kicker Brian Eavey to end the half to bring the score to 20-17. Eavey is now 5-for-15 on field goal attempts this season.

Miami will receive the ball to start the second half.

By the Numbers

Passing Yards: CMU 200, Miami 144

Rushing Yards: CMU 61, Miami 55

First Downs: CMU 14, Miami 11

Turnovers: CMU 1, Miami 0

Penalties: CMU three for 33 yards, Miami three for 35 yards