Alexis Pelafas, Eliza Van de Kerkhove earn All-MAC First Team honors

Sophomore forward Alexis Pelafas, middle, celebrates with her teammates after scoring a goal during the game against the University at Buffalo on Oct. 30 at the Soccer / Lacrosse Complex.

The Mid-American Conference revealed its postseason awards Thursday, and the Central Michigan women's soccer team was representative on three All-Conference Teams.

Leading the way on the All-MAC First Team for the Chippewas were sophomore forward Alexis Pelafas and senior midfielder Eliza Van de Kerkhove. 

Pelafas leads the team — and is tied for fourth in the country — in goals scored with 16. Van de Kerkhove has scored three goals and four assists during her final campaign with CMU. 

Sophomore defenseman Madison Pogarch was named to the All-MAC Second Team with her three assists. Freshman midfielder Marle Bringard was named to the All-MAC Freshman Team with two goals — both being game-winners — and five assists. 

Pelafas and Pogarch were named to the All-MAC Freshman Team in 2015, while Van de Kerkhove made the All-MAC Second Team during her junior season.    

Kent State senior forward Jenna Hellstrom won MAC Offensive Player of the Year. She led the MAC in goals, points and assists during MAC-play this season. The Chippewas will play against her and the Golden Flashes for the second time this season Friday at Kent State during the MAC Tournament Semifinals.