Women's basketball looks to end road woes against Toledo

Coming off of its first Mid-American Conference loss, the Central Michigan women's basketball team will look to rebound with another road test against Toledo Saturday.

In arguably CMU’s worst shooting performance of the year, the Chippewas went 1-for-15 from 3-point range against Buffalo. 

After falling to 2-4 on the road, the Chippewas will be looking to find some consistency agaist the Rockets.

CMU (14-5 overall, 6-1 MAC) enters Saturday behind Northern Illinois and Ball State, who are both 7-1 in the MAC.

Ball State and NIU will play each other today. 

Guevara said the game against the Rockets will be another grueling contest in conference play.

"We just know it’s always going to be a battle, just like the game we are about to play with Toledo,” she said. “I know they are on a three-game losing streak, but they beat us twice last year and it’s always a good game at Savage Hall. They have great fans just like we do.”

Junior forward Tinara Moore, who led CMU in scoring last week, said her team needs to play strong defense every game. 

"We really need to just be consistent and get our defense together,” she said. “We will learn from our mistakes and move forward, we won’t hang our head on that loss.”

Toledo and CMU are both averaging over 70 points per game, however the Chippewas are allowing 68.6 points per game while Toledo is allowing just over 60 points a game.