Rapid Reaction: Central Michigan 194.6, Eastern Michigan 195.925

Central Michigan gymnastics fell for the first time this year to Eastern Michigan 195.925 to 194.6. The loss moves the Chippewas to 3-1 overall on the season and 1-1 in MAC play.

Junior Katy Clements had a strong meet scoring high in vault, balance beam and floor.

Vault

Freshman Denelle Pedrick led the Chippewas vault with a score of 9.85.

The Chippewas scored a 48.675 on the vault. The Chippewas had three gymnasts score a 9.75 or higher. Despite that the Chippewas trailed Eastern Michigan 49.225 to 48.675 after the first rotation. The Chippewas moved onto the bars and Eastern moved to vault.

Uneven Bars

Junior Bryttany Kaplan was the top scorer for the Chippewas uneven bars with a 9.875.

Central Michigan finished the event with a 48.65 while Eastern Michigan scored a 48.775 on vault. The Chippewas finished the second rotation trailing Eastern Michigan 98 to 97.325. CMU went to the beam and Eastern went on to floor.

Balance Beam

Junior Katy Clements highlighted the Chippewas beam with a score of 9.85.

The Chippewas finished the third rotation with a 48 on beam and entered the final rotation trailing Eastern Michigan 145.325 to 146.975. The Chippewas finish the meet on floor and Eastern finishes on beam.

Floor

The Chippewas finished the meet strong on floor with all five gymnasts scoring a 9.75 or higher in the event.

Katy Clements had a career best 9.925. Macey Hilliker also scored a 9.925. The Chippewas finished with a 49.2 on floor.

What’s Next

Central Michigan will travel to Fort Worth, Texas for the Metroplex Challenge next Friday. The Chippewas will be competing against Bowling Green, San Jose State and George Washington University.