Domestic Violence, heated arguments top list in last week's crime log

Last week was filled with arguments and drunken conduct according to last week's crime log. 

Feb. 1 

• A 20-year-old Flint man was cited for disorderly conduct after he was caught urinating near the front doors of Wayside Central.
  • A 21-year-old woman was charged with malicious destruction of property after she punched through the window of a taxi cab at approximately 1:05 a.m. The damaged was valued at $250.

Feb. 2

• A 21-year-old Mount Pleasant man was charged with non-aggravated assault after slapping his girlfriend at the time across the face for not giving him a key to his home located on South Pine Street.
  • Two 18-year-old women in Woldt Hall were having an argument in which politically motivated comments were made. At one point during the argument, one of the students mentioned using a knife to protect herself, however, she never produced or used the weapon. Lt. Wassman of CMUPD said hall staff members temporarily moved one of the women to resolve the issue.
  • A verbal argument between two roommates in Calkins Hall became physical when a 19-year-old man punched his 18-year-old roommate in the back. The students admitted they had a history of arguments – some leading to physical altercations – but neither pressed charges. The two said they will make arrangements to move out of the dorm room and live separately. The case has been turned over to the Office of Student Conduct and sent to the prosecutor’s office for review.

Feb. 3

• An unknown person reported that $60 were stolen on Jan. 26 from Foust Hall. The case remains open, and CMUPD will not give any more information at this time.

Feb. 4

• An officer on patrol noticed a 21-year-old man walking on West Campus Drive in Parking Lot 22 carrying a metal high-top chair with an orange seat. The officer believed the suspect was intoxicated, and, after approaching the individual, it was determined the chair was taken from a Burger King restaurant located on Broomfield and Mission streets. CMUPD made contact with an employee of Burger King who said the business only wanted the chair. The chair was returned, and the man did not receive any charges.
  • Officers found 7 grams of marijiuana and one gram of marijuana wax in aThorpe Hall dorm room. Two 18-year-old men were cited for possession of marijuana.

Feb. 5

• An officer found Xanax and Adderall pills in the possession of an intoxicated 19-year-old man. The suspect was pulled over for driving a vehicle with no rear lights at 2:23 a.m. The man produced a blood alcohol content of 0.104 and was taken into custody.