SGA discusses election process at meeting

Student Government Association changed a few dates regarding its election process at its meeting Monday in the Bovee University Center Auditorium.

Packets for those interested in being a senator, vice president, treasurer or president are due by 5 p.m. March 3. Campaigning will begin on March 13. Voting will be open until April 4 after a debate.

The information was not changed in the packets, therefore Elections Committee Member Drake Smarch changed the information.

Packets can be turned in to the elections director’s mailbox or in the SGA mailbox, which is No. 2 in the Student Involvement Center (Bovee UC Room 104).

Those with any questions about the election process can contact Elections Director Olivia Cyman at cyman1oa@cmich.edu.

At the House meeting, SGA Membership Director Jiji Lee reminded members not to leave before the meetings have ended.

“I saw a lot of people last Monday who left before the house meeting was over - people would swipe in and then leave right after that. That will not be acceptable,” Lee said.

House Leader Cody Van Buren ended the meeting by announcing to House members if their registered student organization has a flier it would like to advertise for SGA, then it should give it to SGA to put on social media or in minutes.