CMURC president inducted into GOCC Athletic Hall of Fame

life

Erin Strang, Central Michigan University Research Corporation president and CEO, will be one of three people inducted into the Glen Oaks Community College Athletic Hall of Fame. 

The ceremony will held before the third annual Athletic Hall of Fame game at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 18 in the Ken Schuler Court at Glen Oaks Community College in Muskegon.

Courtney Ivan, GOCC’s athletic director, said Strang was inducted in honor of her pursuit of excellence in her academic and professional careers, as well as her dedication to athletic success.

“(Strang) excelled in the classroom and on the court so much that she was able to continue her athletic career at Lake Superior State University,” Ivan said. “Erin continues to excel in her professional career and it is amazing to know that Glen Oaks was the start of that foundation. Her story is one I like to tell athletes about when they come to visit campus.”

Larry Engle and Mike Miller, both of Colon, Michigan, will also be inducted at the ceremony.

Strang played volleyball at Glen Oaks for two years before transferring to Lake Superior State University in 2000, where she would continue to play volleyball and go on to graduate with a b degree in Business Administration.

Erin Strang currently serves as the president and CEO of the Central Michigan University Research Corporation, located in the Mount Pleasant SmartZone area. The CMURC is a business incubator program dedicated to aiding and improving entrepreneurial opportunities for CMU and Mount Pleasant residents.