Commissioners consider approval of 2018-2022 budget plan for Monday meeting
The Mount Pleasant City Commission will meet to consider the approval of the 2018-2022 Capital Improvement Plan, among other items on the agenda, at 7 p.m. on Monday, June 12.
The city manager is required to submit a five-year Capital Improvement Plan to city commissioners each April. The Capital Improvement Plan is a planning schedule consisting of all projects tentatively planned for the next five years, including maintenance of city streets and sidewalks and other improvements to city infrastructure.
The Monday meeting is designated as the city charter's adoption deadline for the City Improvement Plan. Submission of the 2018 Annual Operating Budget will take place on September 11.
Other items on the agenda that will be considered include:
- An amendment to contract with CountyLine Power to purchase and install pedestrian lighting on West Broadway Street.
- An amendment to the Downtown Outdoor Dining Policy.
- Approval of an extension to the Mission/Pickard Downtown Development Authority Plan.
- Authorizing Mayor Kathleen Ling to sign a letter of support to state representatives on bicycle passing laws.
- Approval of applications for outdoor dining licenses from The Coffee Room and Pleasant City Coffee