Drunk driving and probation violation reported in weekend crime log
Several cases of parole violation were reported in this week's crime log from the Mount Pleasant Police Department, along with multiple cases of Driving While Intoxicated.
- A 24-year-old woman was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated after being stopped for speeding near the corner of High and Watson streets. After failing field sobriety tests, the suspect registered a blood-alcohol content of 0.10% during a preliminary breath test. The woman was arrested and lodged at the Isabella County Sheriff's Department.
- A 20-year-old man from Lansing was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated at the intersection of Mission and Olympic streets. Officers pulled the man over for speeding and tinted windows.The driver admitted to drinking, failed field sobriety tests, and registered a 0.06% for a Breathalyzer test, violating the zero-tolerance policy against underage drinking.
- A 32-year-old man was arrested for probation violation. Officers were in the area of Harris and Robert streets responding to a complaint of larceny when the suspect rode by on a bicycle. The man was identified and arrested after officers contacted his probation officer.
- A 30-year-old woman was arrested for probation violation after officers were called to the probation and parole office to apprehend her.
- A 55-year-old woman was arrested for probation violation after acting disorderly while intoxicated. The suspect was forbidden from drinking while on probation. Officers contacted the suspect’s probation officer, who instructed the MPPD officer to arrest the woman.
- A 45-year-old man was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated near the corner of Illinois and Pine streets. An officer pulled the driver over after he had run a stop sign, noticing that the man appeared to have been drinking. The driver failed all field sobriety tests and registered a 0.11% during a Breathalyzer.