Assault, drug possession and child abuse reported in crime log.

Cases of child abuse, disorderly conduct, destruction of property and heroin possession were recently investigated by the Mount Pleasant Police Department.

July 9

• A 27-year-old woman was lodged for Child Abuse and Disorderly Conduct. An officer was dispatched after reports of a woman standing in the middle of the Mission Road and flagging down passing cars. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct after it was discovered that she was highly intoxicated. The suspect told the officer that her 8-year-old child was alone in a nearby hotel. The 8-year-old was turned over to her father.

July 10

• A 32-year-old Grand Rapids man was arrested for Driving While License Suspended and Possession of Heroin with Intent to Deliver. More details are available here.
  • A man was arrested for trespassing near the 200 Block of North Mission Street. An officer was dispatched after the suspect had returned to the property a few hours after being told to leave by the property owner.

July 11

• Two juvenile runaways were turned over to the court after being found a few hours after their mother had reported them missing.
  • A 32-year-old Alma man was lodged for Assault and Malicious Destruction of Property. Officers were dispatched to the 900 Block of Corporate Drive responding to reports of a fight in progress. A vehicle that was entering the parking lot at a high rate of speed almost hit a truck that was exiting the parking lot. The driver of the truck began yelling at the other driver. The passenger of the vehicle that had pulled into the lot got out of the vehicle and began arguing with the other driver. The passenger then punched the driver in the face as he sat in the front seat of his truck. The driver put the truck into drive and began to drive off when the passenger struck the rear window of the truck, breaking the glass.