Domestic violence, theft and embezzlement reported in crime log

Cases of domestic violence, disorderly conduct, larceny and embezzlement were recently investigated by the Mount Pleasant Police Department.

July 14

• A 38-year-old man was lodged for Child Neglect and Disorderly Conduct. Officers were dispatched to the 100 Block of Elm Street for a report of a man passed out behind the wheel of a vehicle. Officers were able to wake the man, and discovered that he was highly intoxicated and had an 8-month-old child in the car.
  • A domestic dispute is being reviewed by the Prosecuting Attorney. Officers responded to reports of a violent argument between a boyfriend and girlfriend. The girlfriend stated that the boyfriend had grabbed her during the argument, which he denied. The victim had no visible marks or injuries. 
  • Officers of investigating a larceny complaint. An officer was dispatched to the 1400 Block of Broomfield Street after a woman reported that change had been stolen from her apartment. The victim stated that she has no idea who could have taken the money. 

July 16

• A domestic incident is being reviewed by the Prosecuting Attorney. Officers were dispatched to the 1100 Block of Broadway Street to a report of two brothers arguing. One brother had pushed the other before officers separated the two.
  • Officers responded to reports of a suicidal subject in the 900 Block of South Brown Street. An officer administered first aid and the subject was transported for medical help.

July 17

• A local business is under investigation for a report of embezzlement. The complaint was filed by the manager of the establishment, but the manager didn't have proper documentation to support the claim at the time. The manager was asked to gather documentation so the investigation could be completed.