Soaring Eagle announces $26.5 million renovation

The project will include the addition of a new sports bar and night club area, as well as improvements to the Entertainment Hall.

Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort will undergo a $26.5 renovation project between fall 2017 and the spring 2018.

The project is one of the largest investments made by Soaring Eagle since its grand opening in 1998. The preliminary construction schedule is set up in seven phases.

The first phase of renovation, scheduled to begin in early August, will focus on updating the Entertainment Hall of the casino, which includes the installation of programmable lighting elements in the ceiling, multimedia screens on the stage and sound isolation panels to improve acoustics throughout the hall. 

The second phase will begin in September, and will see the development of a new VIP lounge and the transformation of the poker room into a luxury high-limit gaming space. The current poker area will be relocated to the Slot Palace during the construction phase. 

Multiple additions will be made to the gaming floor, including an enclosed non-smoking game area, a new poker room and a sports bar & night club. The sports bar & night club will feature a stage for performers, 59 bar-top slot machines and multiple television screens.

Remodeling of the Kid's Quest and Cyber Quest game areas will begin in January 2018. The final phase is scheduled to be completed by the end of March, involving the re-branding of the casino's Central Deli sub shop. The new design plan includes additional seating and an improved entry area.

"(The renovation) has been in development for at least five or six years," said Erik Rodriguez, interim public relations director for the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe. "The goal is to bring some more character and new life to the property. There has been so much planning put into it, and some much need felt by our patrons, that we figured now was the time to do it."

Rodriguez is confident that the new additions will also bring more employment opportunities for locals, specifically for the new sports bar and night club.