Isabella County Sheriff’s Office investigating ‘suspicious death’ in nearby township

Deputies responded to a home on the 5000 block of East Kay Street off Isabella Road around 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 13 following the suspicious death of a 45-year-old Union Township man.

The Isabella County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating the incident. The victim’s injuries were an apparent gunshot wound to the head, according to the press release. A handgun was found at the scene.

A caller had contacted 911 and said she had driven into a driveway and found what appeared to be a deceased man lying beside his vehicle, according to a press release from Isabella County Sheriff Michael Main. 

Deputies arrived to find the man his driveway, Main said. It appeared he had been deceased for several hours.

Several detectives were dispatched to the scene after the first responding deputies determined the incident required further investigation, Main said. The Michigan State Police forensic mobile unit was called to process the death as a possible crime scene because of the unusual circumstances, Main said.

Detectives and deputies were on scene for more than nine hours. It appears the man might have taken his own life. The Sheriff's office is waiting an autopsy and other follow up, Main said.

The victim’s name is being withheld until family members are notified.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →