Central Michigan Life to host open house for interested students

logo

Students interested in becoming a member of the Central Michigan Life team can attend an open house scheduled for 8 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 6 in Moore Hall room 436.

Our staff of award-winning news editors, videographers, photographers, advertising executives and public relations staff will be on hand to answer questions about the company and schedule interviews for potential future employment.

Most of the positions within the company — including reporters, videographers and photographers — are paid positions. Students with any major are able to work on staff. 

Other opportunities available include working with our multimedia desk to host podcasts or designing news pages or advertisements for online and in-print.

"Almost every newsroom, ad agency, public relations firm, and marketing company has CMU alumni working there - and the most successful ones started their careers at CM Life," said Dave Clark, director of student media and adviser of CM Life and The Central Review. "From the Detroit Free Press to the New York Times and The Washington Post, our journalists are leading important conversations in their communities. We encourage students to begin developing their voices now and leading discussions on our campus and in the Mount Pleasant community."

CM Life has been a part of Central Michigan University almost 100 years. In that time the company has dedicated itself to covering the news of the campus and the community surrounding CMU. Notable alumni of CM Life have gone on to work for publications like The Detroit Free Press, Detroit News, People Magazine and The Washington Post.

Four CM Life alumni were nominated for the 2017 Pulitzer Prize awards.

Interested students can either attend the open house, or contact us via email at editor@cm-life.com.

About Jordyn Hermani

Troy senior Jordyn Hermani, Editor-in-Chief of Central Michigan Life, is a double major ...

View Posts by Jordyn Hermani →