National Weather Service issues flood advisory for Isabella County


19293_logot

Isabella County is under a flood advisory, according to the National Weather Service.

Several central Michigan counties, including Isabella County, are under advisory until 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 24, according to the NWS. The information was issued at 2:36 p.m. Monday, Oct. 23.

A flood advisory for the Chippewa River below Mount Pleasant is expected to last until Sunday afternoon, per the NWS. At 11 a.m. Monday, water levels were recorded at 3.7 feet above flood stage. It's forecast the river will rise to nearly 7.9 feet by Wednesday evening — just under 8 feet — the official level for a flood.

At 8 feet, minor flooding can be expected of Island and Nelson parks in western Mount Pleasant, according to the NWS.

Rain is expected to last through Tuesday. There is a 70 percent chance of showers Tuesday night with a 30 percent chance on Wednesday. Thursday is projected to be mostly sunny.

Share: 

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →


Comments powered by Disqus

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in Central Michigan Life.