Row Raiser for Special Olympics returns to Mount Pleasant

Row Raiser participants row to raise money for Special Olympics. 

A rowing competition to raise money for Special Olympics Michigan is scheduled for 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 7 at CrossFit Worthy in Mount Pleasant.

Teams of up to 10 people will take turns pulling on a row machine until they reach the distance of 26.2 miles, and the first team to reach this distance in the shortest amount of time will be declared the victors. 

Registration will go from 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. and the competition will start at 10 a.m.

Once the rowing begins, teammates can tag out and in whenever they feel necessary. Awards will be given for the fastest team and the team that fundraises the most, as well as best team spirit, best team costumes and last place finishing team. 

“There is still time to join a team or come out and cheer teams on,” said Kelly Berryhill, development and events coordinator of Special Olympics Michigan. 

She also said this is an emotional experience and reminds people to have fun. 

Once a team has been formed, they must register online at www.rowmi.com. The goal is for each team to raise at least $500. The team can be made up of anyone and is not limited to Central Michigan University students.  

To raise money, team members are encouraged to start a fundraiser. A link to create a fundraising page will become available immediately after registering, and can be shared online.  

The team able to raise the most amount of money will win a prize, and all participants will receive a free t-shirt. 

Questions regarding this event can be directed to Berryhill at berry1km@cmich.edu