University announces committee to search for next CHSBS dean
Provost Michael Gealt has announced a 15-member committee to search for the next dean of the College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences at Central Michigan University.
The committee will be chaired by College of Education and Human Services Dean Dale-Elizabeth Pehrsson, according to a University Communications release issued Nov. 27.
In September, CHSBS Dean Pamela Gates announced her retirement, effective January 2018. Marcy Taylor, interim CHSBS associate dean, will serve as interim dean starting Jan. 16, 2018.
The committee's first meeting takes place today, according to University Communications. Candidate reviews are anticipated to take place in January.
The search will be assisted by the firm Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates, according University Communications.
According to University Communications, the committee includes:
- Carlin Borsheim-Black, English language and literature department
- Rae Buchholz, English Language Institute
- Laura Cochrane, sociology, anthropology and social work department
- Colleen Green, Office of Native American Programs
- Thomas Greitens, political science and public administration department
- Tim Hartshorne, psychology department
- LTC Robert May, military science and leadership department
- Robert Noggle, philosophy and religion department
- Anna Owens, Student Government Association
- Amy Ransom, world languages and cultures department
- Greg Smith, history department
- Cherie Strachan, School of Public Service and Global Citizenship
- Jon Humiston, provost's office
- Cali Clark, human resources representative