Women's basketball signs four players to 2018 class

33875_dsc_0662f

Women's head basketball coach Sue Guevara swings the net over her head after defeating Eastern Michigan and becoming the Mid-American Conference regular season champion on March 4, 2017 in McGuirk Arena.

Central Michigan women's basketball team has signed four players to its 2018 recruiting class. 

Ontario, Canada natives Samantha Robinson and Anika Weeks, Florida native Emari Bell and Illinois native Jahari Smith will all be joining the Chippewas next season. 

With only one player on CMU's current roster hailing from outside the state of Michigan, the new additions will give the team an increased national feel. 

Samantha Robinson 

Robinson is a quick 6-foot-1 forward from Bradford, Ontario capable of shooting the 3-pointer. In addition to playing at Bradford High School, Robinson also competed for the A-Game and Scarborough Blues.

Anika Weekes 

Weekes is a smooth shooting 5-foot-10 guard from Toronto, Ontario. She averaged 17 points, nine rebounds and four assists in her junior season at St. Joseph's College School. Weekes also competed for A-Game and the Scarborough Blues.

Emari Bell 

Bell is a 6-foot-3 forward/center from Altamonte Springs, Florida. She averaged 10.9 points, 8.3 rebounds and two assists, leading her Edgewood team to the Class 7A semifinals. Bell transferred to Jones High School for her senior season.

Jahari Smith 

Smith is a 6-foot athletic center from Romeoville, Illinois. For her Bolingbrook High School team, Smith averaged 14 points, eight rebounds and three steals, shooting 63 percent.