Mount Pleasant police make arrest for embezzlement from Meijer

35969_29458_policept

The following incidents were reported to the Mount Pleasant Police Department from Dec. 1-7.

Dec. 7

A 31-year-old woman is suspected of embezzling $65.32 worth of transactions from Tim Horton’s. MPPD Officer Jeff Browne said the suspect cancelled the orders and pocketed money. No arrests have been made.

Dec. 6

A 22-year-old Standish man was arrested for disorderly conduct. Browne said the man was urinating on the side of Payless ShoeSource before 1 a.m.

A 21-year-old Lincoln Park man was arrested for operating while intoxicated and driving with a suspended license — second offense. A 22-year-old Southgate woman was lodged for disorderly conduct. Police stopped a vehicle for crossing a fog line at Mission Street and West Campus Drive, Browne said. The male driver failed field sobriety test. The woman in the car exited the vehicle and tried to interfere with the arrest. She produced a blood alcohol level of 0.17 percent. The man had a blood alcohol level of 0.22 percent.

A 19-year-old Mount Pleasant man was lodged for operating while intoxicated. Browne said the vehicle was stopped for weaving in the lane. The driver admitted to drinking and failed field sobriety tests. The man had a blood alcohol level of 0.07 percent through a preliminary breath test, Browne said.

A 53-year-old Mount Pleasant man was arrested for disorderly conduct. The incident took place at Mill Pond Park, 600 S. Adams St. Officers were dispatched after reports of a man yelling and screaming. The man was highly intoxicated and arrested, Browne said. The case was turned over to Tribal Court.

Roger Ward, 21, of Mount Pleasant was arrested for embezzling at Meijer, Browne said. There was about $1,600 skimmed from the till and pocketed, Browne said. The man confessed to taking about $1,400.

Dec. 5

A 49-year-old Mount Pleasant man was arrested for operating while intoxicated and driving an uninsured motor vehicle at High and Mission streets. Browne said a vehicle was stopped because it rolled through a blinking red. The man produced a blood alcohol level of 0.19 percent, Browne said.

Dec. 3

Jeffrey Irish, a 25-year-old Mount Pleasant man, was lodged for resisting and obstructing, operating while intoxicated — third offense and driving with a suspended license – second offense. A vehicle was stopped for no license at Kinney and Michigan streets, Browne said. The driver took off running but police caught him, Browne said, and the suspect produced a blood alcohol level of 0.14 percent.

Dec. 2

A 22-year-old Mount Pleasant man was arrested for domestic violence at the 800 block of Whitney. The suspect struck a 22-year-old Mount Pleasant woman with a closed fist. Browne said they had been in a dating relationship for five years.

A 59-year-old Mount Pleasant woman was arrested for domestic assault on the 100 block of Walnut. Browne said the woman grabbed the hair of a 55-year-old man and struck him in the nose. The woman admitted to the assault. The couple had been in a two-year relationship.

Dec. 1

A 22-year-old Mount Pleasant man was arrested for malicious destruction of property. Police were dispatched to a man trying to break into a home in the 400 block of South Kinney Street, Browne said. The man was highly intoxicated and was banging on the door, producing an estimated damage of about $200. The man produced a blood alcohol content of 0.23 percent.

A 21-year-old Chesterfield man was arrested for ripping the Christmas lights off the Midori Sushi and Martini Lounge. Browne said the man was highly intoxicated and had a blood alcohol content of 0.25 percent.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →