Mount Pleasant man arrested for home invasion, other charges

screen-shot-2017-12-06-at-10-22-38-am

Charles Henry (Courtesy Photo/Mount Pleasant Police Department).

A Mount Pleasant man was arrested on several charges, including home invasion, and has been accused of shining a flashlight on sleeping female residents.

Charles Henry, 33, was lodged at the Isabella County Jail on the following charges:

• home invasion — first degree; 
  • sex offenders — failure to comply with registration act; 
  • two counts of police officer — assault/resisting/obstructing; 
  • lying to a police officer 
  • and two counts of breaking and entering — illegal entry.

Henry is currently held with a 10 percent of $70,000 bond.

The Mount Pleasant Police Department responded to an illegal entry complaint before 7 a.m. Dec. 4 in the 1100 block of West Campus Drive, according to a press release. 

The suspect entered an unlocked apartment, went through the apartment and shined a light on the female resident, police said. The resident awoke and confronted the suspect, who then fled the scene.

Police arrived and said they observed a man running down the railroad tracks that matched the description. After officers tried to stop and identify the suspect, he continued to run for several more blocks and was taken into custody after a struggle with officers, police said.

During their investigation, police said they learned the suspect entered another residence earlier in the morning, pulled the covers off a female victim and shined a flashlight on her body. She sat up in bed when the suspect fled the scene.

Henry is scheduled for a probable cause hearing Dec. 14 and a preliminary exam Dec. 21, according to the Isabella County Trial Court Calendar.

The MPPD was assisted by the Central Michigan University Police Department and the Isabella County Sheriff’s Office.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →