Board of Trustees to vote on Ross' salary, FCC auction at final meeting of 2017

editorial
President George Ross, left, and William Weideman, right, listening to the speaker answer a question at the Board of Trustees meeting on Sept. 20th in the President’s Conference Room in the Bovee University Center.

Central Michigan University's Board of Trustees will meet for the final time this year at 10 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 7.

The formal meeting takes place in the President's Conference Room, located on the top floor of the Bovee University Center.

Prior to the formal meeting, committee meetings will take place Wednesday, Dec. 6 in the President’s Conference Room. The schedule comprises:

• 2:00 - 2:45 Finance and Facilities Committee 
  • 3:00 - 3:45 Academic and Student Affairs Committee
  • 4:00 - 5:00 Trustees-Faculty Liaison Committee
  • 5:00 - 6:00 Trustees-Student Liaison Committee

Before the formal session on Thursday, there will be a news conference titled “Economic Impact Study” at 9 a.m. in Powers Hall room 136. All trustees are scheduled to attend. 

According to the agenda posted on the board’s CMU website, the meeting will include reports from the committees.

President George Ross will also give his university report. 

Among the consent agenda items are prospective graduates and honorary degrees for December 2017, a quarterly report of the Office of Research and Graduate studies and a state capital outlay report and project request. 

There are motions to establish Ross' salary for 2018 and elect Board of Trustee officers for the 2018 year. 

The board will also vote on authorizing the use of the FCC broadcast spectrum auction proceeds. The auction included the sale of the Flint public television station. 

About Emma Dale

Editor-in-Chief Emma Dale is a junior from Grand Haven double majoring in journalism and political ...

View Posts by Emma Dale →