Five women's basketball players hit double figures in 103-85 Oakland win

womens-basketball-vs-vandy114
Senior guard Cassie Breen takes a three against Vanderbilt University on Nov. 14 at McGuirk Arena.

For the second straight game, the Central Michigan Women's basketball team had no trouble scoring the ball. 

All five Chippewa starters scored in double figures in the 103-85 win at Oakland on Sunday.

CMU senior Tinara Moore had 28 points, junior Presley Hudson had 27 points and Micaela Kelly had 20 points. The trio shot a combined 26-42 from the field and 18-19 from the free throw line while accounting for almost three/fourths of the Chippewas' 103 points. 

"When our inside-outside attack is going, we're tough to defend," said head coach Sue Guevara. "Micaela Kelly, breakout game for her, she has a great ability to penetrate score or dish. 

CMU (7-1) picked up their first 100 point game with 58 percent shooting from the field and 42 percent from three-point range. 

Coming out of the half leading Oakland 54-42,  CMU was outscored 29-22 in the third quarter.

Guevara was satisfied with the way her team responded after Oakland's third quarter run, crediting their resilience for the win.

"There was no panic whatsoever in our kids," Guevara said. "We amped it up defensively and showed a lot of resilience."

They did just that in the fourth, allowing just 14 points by Oakland off 5-17 shooting to close out the game. 

Highlights

Presley Hudson drilled a last second buzzer-beater three pointer to end the first half to extend the Chippewa Lead to 54-42 into the locker room. 

CMU shot 22-24 from the free throw line as a team.

Cassie Preen was perfect from 3-point range (3-3). 

Next Up

The Chippewas travel to face SIUE at 8 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 7.