DJ Pauly D concert breaks Wayside Central record for fastest sellout

dj-pauly-d-8417386066

DJ Pauly D

Wayside Central has recorded its fastest sellout ever for a show. 

DJ Pauly D of the MTV show "Jersey Shore" will perform at the nightclub on March 22. Doors open at 9 p.m.

Online ticket sales on AllEvents.in sold out in less than three hours Jan. 30, said Wayside Central owner John Hunter. 

The venue anticipates to meet its maximum capacity of 850 people during the event. 

"We're very excited to have our quickest sold-out show yet," Hunter said.

The show also sold out all of its 50 meet & greet passes in less than an hour. General admission tickets went on sale beginning at noon Jan. 30. The tickets were $20 per person. 

Hunter said this will not be the establishment's first time welcoming a star from "Jersey Shore," an MTV television series that aired from 2009-2012. 

In 2010, Jenni "JWoww" Farley made her first of two visits to Wayside Central. Farley's visit was followed by Deena Nicole Cortese and Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi of the series. 

Hunter attributes the upcoming show's success to Wayside Central's active social media presence. 

"We definitely listen to students and what they want from us," Hunter said. "From what I've seen in the past couple hours, a lot of students seem very excited for this show." 

Hunter said despite the rapid speed of the sale, he does not project Wayside Central to make any changes to the venue and its location.

"I feel that one of the things that makes these events successful is that it's a place they know and they feel so comfortable here, and that's why they buy tickets for these shows," he said.  

Hunter advises people to look out for more shows coming to Wayside Central this year. He said shows may be anything including celebrity performances, electronic dance music (EDM) bass shows and country pop artists. 

About Samantha Shriber

Samantha Shriber is a staff reporter at Central Michigan Life and is a Saint Clair Shores ...

View Posts by Samantha Shriber →