Local preschool to hold pancake fundraiser, silent auction Feb. 9

19293_logot

Students and Mount Pleasant residents have the opportunity to assist the community during a pancake supper from 5-7 p.m. on Feb. 9 at First United Methodist Church, located at 400 South Main Street.

All proceeds from the annual Pancake Supper and Silent Auction held at the church directly benefit FUMC Preschool. The cost is $8 for adults and $5 for children ages 5-10. A donation is asked for children under age 5.

The supper includes all-you-can-eat pancakes, sausage, applesauce and beverages. 

A silent auction with more than 50 items for men, women, and children will be featured. Some of the items include golf packages, museum passes, sporting good items and gift certificates to local restaurants and businesses. 

Preschool director Tina Rudoni believes it is important for parents and community members to attend and help the youth program in Mount Pleasant. 

Rudoni said more than just parents should attend — she wants the community there, too. Community members are encouraged to donate for a good cause, she said.

“The pancake supper is our biggest fundraiser that anyone can attend to help out our preschool,” Rudoni said. “It is a good cause, and you get delicious food and wonderful gifts at our silent auction.”