Central Michigan International Film Festival to show Oscar-nominated, independent films

19293_logot

The 2018 Central Michigan International Film Festival will show a broad array of independent and Oscar-nominated films from Feb. 14-18 at Celebration! Cinema and the Charles V. Park Library.

The complete festival schedule can be found at the event's website.

Tickets are $5 per film with the exception of “The Stone Circle” and “Film Shorts” events, which will each be free. Tickets for Park Library events can be bought through Ticket Central or at the door, while tickets for events at Celebration can be purchased at the Mount Pleasant location or through Celebration’s website.

Films part of the festival include the Oscar nominees “Darkest Hour,” “I, Tonya,” “Lady Bird,” “Loving Vincent” and “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.”

The 16th annual festival is sponsored by the College of Communication and Fine Arts, the School of Broadcast and Cinematic Arts, Celebration! Cinema and WMHW-FM Mountain 91.5.

Poets featured in “The Stone Circle” will be available for a question-and-answer session after the documentary, as will the directors of the Flint water crisis documentary, “Nor Any Drop to Drink.”

Patty Williamson, associate professor in the School of Broadcast and Cinematic Arts, is the festival director. She is also the faculty advisor for the Film Society, a Registered Student Organization that puts on the festival.

“It gives you the chance to see a good movie at less than traditional theatre cost, and you get to see something new and different and interesting that you don’t get the chance to see every day,” Williamson said.