Lacrosse falls to LaSalle, 18-6

35632_brockmanlax2f
Sophomore defense Dominique Gibbons and sophomore attacker Katherine Sharp fight a Detroit Mercy player for the ball on April 29 at the Soccer/Lacrosse Complex.

After picking up its first win of the season on Friday, Central Michigan lacrosse failed to make it two-straight on Sunday.

The Chippewas (1-2) were fell to LaSalle (1-2) by a score of 18-6 in Philadelphia. 

"Frustrating day," said head coach Sara Tisdale. "Too many unforced errors and we were unable to build momentum." 

Shannon Doyle, Natalie Karlen and Tyra Prince each had two goals for CMU. 

LaSalle started the game out with two unanswered goals before Prince put the Chippewas on the board making it 2-1 with 21:18 remaining in the first half. 

The Explorers then took control of the game scoring seven straight goals to take a commanding 9-1 lead. 

Karlen and Prince each answered with a goal late in the first half, but LaSalle answered with two goals of their own to take an 11-3 halftime lead. 

After the Explorers scored right out of halftime, Karlen scored her second goal of the game and Doyle added her first to give CMU life in the second half. 

LaSalle put a quick end to Central Michigan’s momentum scoring six of the last seven goals in the second half.

Both Hope Murray and Dominque Hamman saw action for the Chippewas in-between the pipes. 

CMU was outshot 28-16 in the game and lost the turnover battle 17-11. 

"We look forward to competing again on Wednesday," Tisdale said. 

Central Michigan will play their first home game of the year at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 28, hosting Butler at the Lacrosse/Soccer Complex.