Three CMU players named to MAC All-Tournament Team, Frost earns MVP

rusco_bball-6

Central Michigan womens basketball team celebrate after winning the MAC Championship game on March 10 at Quicken Loans Arena. 

Moments after the Central Michigan women’s basketball team’s 96-91 championship win against Buffalo, the Mid-American Conference announced three CMU players to the All-Tournament Team.

The MAC All-Tournament Team consisted of Buffalo guard Stephanie Reid, Buffalo guard Cierra Dillard, CMU forward Tinara Moore, CMU guard Micaela Kelly and CMU forward Reyna Frost. 

Along with being a member of the MAC All-Tournament Team, Frost was named the MAC Tournament Most Valuable Player. 

“I have to thank my teammates and my coaches helping me get that award,” Frost said. “They have helped prepare me for these games.” 

Frost had 42 points, 37 rebounds, seven rebounds, six steals and five blocks in three MAC Tournament games, which is an average of 14.0 points and 12.3 rebounds. In the semifinal game, Frost hit a shot which game CMU the lead in the fourth quarter. In the quarterfinal, Frost secured multiple offensive rebounds to allow CMU to take time off the clock. 

In the championship game, Buffalo’s Reid and Dillard scored 26 and 15 points, respectively. Dillard added two rebounds and 10 assists to her stat line. Along with dropping in 15 points, Reid made three rebounds and four assists.

Moore scored all 17 of her championship points in the second half while adding 14 rebounds and two assists. Kelly logged 26 points, six rebounds and four assists.