CMU announces finalists, forums for Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer

19293_logot

Four finalists have been selected for Central Michigan University's Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer, the university announced March 12.

The campus community has the opportunity to meet the four finalists in the next two weeks. Title IX Coordinator Katherine Lasher led the search committee that chose the candidates.

Each finalist will take part in an open forum from 2-3 p.m. and 4:30-5:30 p.m. on their selected dates in the Bovee University Center Auditorium. Those who cannot attend in person can view the livestream with a CMU Global ID and password.

Students will have the opportunity meet candidates and eat pizza from 6-7:30 p.m. on their selected dates in the Bovee UC lobby.

The candidates and dates of visit are:

· Monday, March 19 – Carmen Suarez, vice president of global diversity and inclusion at Portland State University in Portland, Oregon.

· Tuesday, March 20 – Brian Corpening, assistant provost for diversity and community partnerships at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.

· Wednesday, March 28 – A.T. Miller, assistant vice provost of academic diversity at Cornell University.

· Thursday, March 29 – Cecil Howard, interim associate vice president, chief diversity officer and Title IX coordinator for the University of South Florida System.

According to the official job description, the Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer will report to the president and be a member of the executive cabinet. This person will develop and implement strategies to further diversity on campus and create a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment on campus.