Hippity Hoppity 5K Fun Run event to take place March 24 in Island Park

19293_logot

Community members can hop over to Island Park on March 24 and participate in the Hippity Hoppity 5K Fun Run event.

Starting at 10 a.m., the event includes races, Easter games, snacks and a picture with the Easter Bunny. The 5K will begin at 10:45 a.m., while the 800-meter Easter egg dash for children begins at noon.

Those choosing to participate can enter for $20 the day of the event. The entry fee for children is $10.  There is a $5 entry fee for those wishing to just play games and get pictures with the Easter Bunny.

The event is presented by the "RPL 430: Planning Recreation Programs & Events" course in the Department of Recreation, Parks and Leisure Services.

“We wanted to bring in a family friendly event that was active to celebrate the Easter holiday," said Madison Heights junior Taylor Dawson, an event organizer.

The event’s proceeds will go to the Girls on the Run foundation. The foundation’s website says their organization tries to “inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.”

The Fun Run’s Facebook page also shares that the winners of both races will receive prizes. 

Those seeking to register can do so at www.raceplanner.com/register/index/hippity-hippity-5k and more information about the event can be found at the Hippity Hoppity 5K Fun Run facebook page.

The March For Our Lives event protesting gun violence will also be taking place at Island Park on the same day. That event starts at 1 p.m.