Five Chippewas earn MAC honors for women's basketball

mg-4003
Senior forward Tinara Moore throws her hands in the air after cutting down the nets on Feb. 28 at McGuirk Arena.

Tinara Moore headlined five members of the Central Michigan women’s basketball team receiving Mid-American Conference honors. 

Moore was named the MAC Player of the Year after finishing top five in the conference in points per game (19.2), rebounds per game (9.6) and field goal percentage (58.7 percent). 

Leading the conference with 68 blocks, the senior forward was named the Defensive Player of the Year Award and All-MAC First Team for the second consecutive season.

Presley Hudson was also named to the All-MAC First Team and was finished runner-up to Moore in the Player of the Year voting. 

The junior guard led the MAC in free-throw percentage (92.6 percent), 3-point field goal percentage (46.6 percent) and 3-pointers made (110) while finishing fifth in the conference in points per game (18.6). 

Fellow junior Reyna Frost was named to the All-MAC Second Team. She led the conference averaging 11.7 rebounds per game and finished 14th in points per game (14.1). 

Micaela Kelly was named to the All-MAC Freshman Team. Kelly finished third in MAC Freshman of the Year voting receiving four first place votes. 

Head coach Sue Guevara was named MAC Coach of the Year after lead the Chippewas to a 17-1 conference record and back-to-back regular season titles. 

CMU led the MAC in scoring offense (83.3), field goal percentage (48.1 percent), free-throw percentage (78.9 percent), and 3-pointers made (156).