PR Central, Soaring Eagle Waterpark to host Rubber Duck Derby

19293_logot

For one night only, 2,000 rubber ducks will float down the lazy river at the Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel.

PR Central is teaming up with the Soaring Eagle for the sixth annual Rubber Duck Derby at 9 p.m. March 28 at the waterpark and hotel, located at 5665 E. Pickard Road.

A total of 2,000 ducks will float down the waterpark’s lazy river. The person with the duck that crosses the finish line first will receive $500. 

Ducks can be purchased for $2 each. Each duck will be assigned a number and will be placed with other ducks in random order.

“One of the perks about this event is that participants do not have to be present the night of the event in order to win,” PR Central Special Events Coordinator Kelci Gormley said. “By livestreaming the entire event on Facebook, busy families and stressed college students can still participate and win prizes from the comfort of their homes.” 

The event is a fundraiser for Public Relations Students Society of America (PRSSA) at CMU. The money raised will be put into supporting PRSSA students with opportunities such as national public relations conferences, guest speakers, agency tours and scholarships.

“As a first generation student, (my scholarship) has given me the opportunity to network with a number of PR professionals,” 2017 scholarship recipient Maria Abu-joudeh said. “I would have never been able to participate and experience a national conference firsthand without the scholarship.”

For more information about the event, contact Kaylah Metcalf at (734) 652-4260 or email  prcentral@gmail.com