Central Michigan football adds three commits to 2019 class
Since the end of June, the Central Michigan football team has loaded up its 2019 class, securing three new commits.
The Chippewas received verbals from Haines City (Fla.) Senior three-star offensive tackle Cameron Vaughn, Farmington (Mich.) Harrison three-star strong-side defensive end Maverick Hansen and Flossmoor (Ill.) Homewood-Flossmoor two-star outside linebacker Justin Whiteside.
Led by head coach John Bonamego, CMU now has 12 commits in its 2019 class.
Haines City (Fla.) Senior 2019 three-star offensive tackle Cameron Vaughn is Central Michigan's highest ranked player in the class.
Vaughn committed to the Chippewas on July 8.
He is the No. 1,069 player in the nation, No. 101 at his position and No. 152 in Florida, according to 247Sports Composite.
The 6-foot-6, 300-pound offensive lineman picked CMU over Bowling Green, South Carolina and UCF.
Vaughn said Florida, Auburn, Nebraska, Illinois, Virginia Tech were close to offering him and were always in the mix.
Farmington (Mich.) Harrison 2019 three-star strong-side defensive end Maverick Hansen made his pledge to join Central Michigan on July 12.
The 6-foot-5, 270-pound athlete picked CMU over Ball State, Bowling Green, Iowa State, Kent State, Morgan State, Syracuse and Western Illinois.
In the fight for Hansen's collegiate pledge, the fight narrowed down to CMU and Syracuse. In April, he took a visit to the Orange and was highly impressed.
However, the Chippewas managed to steal him away to Mount Pleasant.
According to 247Sports, Hansen is ranked No. 1,812 in the nation, No. 108 at his position and No. 41 in Michigan.
With his only other offers from Davenport, Indiana State and South Dakota State, Flossmoor (Ill.) Homewood-Flossmoor 2019 two-star outside linebacker Justin Whiteside decided on the Chippewas.
He committed to CMU on June 28. It was his only Division I offer.
The 6-foot-1, 200-pound linebacker is ranked No. 2,370 in the nation, No. 176 at his position and No. 61 in Illinois, according to 247Sports.
Central Michigan's 2019 class includes:
- Haines City (Florida) Senior 3-star OT Cameron Vaughn
- Clinton Township (Michigan) Chippewa Valley 3-star WR David Ellis
- Detroit (Michigan) Cass Technical 3-star S Ormondell Dingle
- Plant City (Florida) Durant 3-star CB Demarcus Governor
- Warren (Michigan) De La Salle Collegiate 3-star OC Danny Motowski
- Detroit (Michigan) Martin Luther King 3-star QB Dequan Finn
- Farmington (Michigan) Harrison 3-star DE Maverick Hansen
- Bloomfield Hills (Michigan) Brother Rice 2-star DE Max Saylor
- Alpena (Michigan) 2-star LB Logan Guthrie
- Flossmoor (Illinois) Homewood-Flossmoor 2-star LB Justin Whiteside
- Montclair (New Jersey) 2-star RB Joshua Crawford
- River Rouge (Michigan) CB Kamal Hadden