Field hockey to take on Miami in MAC battle

gaiaherrick-bws-15
Head coach Catherine Ostoich rekindles her teams’ spirit after a bad call resulted in CMU conceding a goal on Sept. 18 at the Field Hockey Complex.

Field hockey head coach Catherine Ostoich stressed possession and organization at practice on Sept. 28, preparing for a Mid-American Conference game against Miami (Ohio) Friday. 

Central Michigan field hockey sits at 1-11 on the year and hope revitalization leads to a victory, which the Chippewas have not seen since Aug. 26 against the Saint Louis Billikens in Colgate, New York. 

“Everyone on our team loves this weather so maybe everyone will be a little bit happier going in,” Ostoich said. 

The Chippewas take the field at 4 p.m on Friday, Sept. 28 at the CMU Field Hockey Complex against the Miami Redhawks, hoping to end their 10 game skid. 

“We need to possess the ball, we really talked about that this week and three things to do when you have the ball, but the biggest overarching theme is to possess it,” Ostoich said. “I want to walk away from this game like, ‘We possessed the ball when we had the ball. We weren’t just throwing the ball to the other team.’

"I think everyone has the idea engrained in their head, now they just have to do it and it’s tough to take it from your brain and put it on the field, especially under pressure.”