Explore opportunities at Alpha Kappa Psi career fair

cmlife

Central Michigan University students will be able to explore job, internship and volunteer opportunities during the Alpha Kappa Psi career fair from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Friday, Oct. 12. 

The purpose of this event is to give students the chance to introduce themselves to possible future employers and explore all of the opportunities that could be offered to them. 

The fair, sponsored by AKP, a co-ed professional business fraternity, will be held in room 110 in Finch Fieldhouse and the student entrance will be the west door that faces Franklin St. 

Representatives from a wide range of companies like Aldi, Aro Steel and Apple will be accepting resumes from students who are interested. Attendees should dress professionally, have a large supply of resumes on hand and prepare a short personal commercial to introduce themselves to the representatives. 

Some employer representatives will offer formal on-campus interviews after the event. 

For those who might need help perfecting their resume, they can request an appointment with a Career Coach at Handshake.

Some companies will be seeking out students with certain majors for company jobs and internships, but a handful of representatives will consider all majors. 

There is no pre-registration or entrance fee needed to attend the career fair. 

For more information, those interested can contact CMU Career Development Center Administrator Diane Prenkert at prenk1dm@cmich.edu.